Family Planning Service
Len Valley Practice offers free, confidential advice and information on contraception and sexual health.
Appointments can be used by women, men and young people (including those under 16 years of age).
The Doctors and Nurses will provide a range of services:
- advice about contraception
- combined oral contraception - the progestogen-only pill
- progestogen injections
- free emergency contraception
- advice about sexually transmitted diseases
- cervical screening
- unplanned pregnancy advice, pre-abortion and post-abortion counselling and referral
- pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information
- fitting and checking of caps, diaphragms and coils
- advice and insertion of the hormonal coil as well as implant fitting and retrieval
We can also offer advice, counselling and referral regarding more permanent methods of contraception such as female sterilisation and vasectomy.
For more information, visit the Family Planning Association website.